Find the Right Doctor Blade to Fit Your Needs!
Allison Systems doctor blade manufacturing process controls and documents blade quality. All of our blade materials and edges are performance-engineered for real presses, inks, and substrates. Our processes also verify critical base material properties, so that there are no expensive surprises on your presses.
Steel is the material of choice for high quality and repeatable doctoring results.
- Carbon steel blades are a good economical choice when used with short-run process jobs on non-porous substrates and inks that are not very abrasive.
- Long-life tool steel blades are excellent for use with abrasive inks, such as white inks or other inks with high percentages of titanium dioxide, or solids or rough anilox rolls.
- Coated carbon or long-life tool steel blades are used to improve blade performance, increased lubrication, and provide corrosion resistance.
For Flexo, Coating, and Gravure applications our composite and plastic blades are designed to offer cost-effective performance for specific needs ranging from flexo containment blades to high speed gravure printing.
- Allison Systems produces a variety of both composite and specialized plastic doctor blades to meet your needs for flexo doctoring, flexo containment, gravure, and specialty applications.
- Composite doctor blades are used on laser-engraved ceramic anilox rolls and provide longer life at high speeds when compared to carbon or stainless steel blades.
- For doctoring applications, plastic blades have to be thicker than metal or composite blades to provide the same rigidity.